Working in a Hilltop Village

0 Conversations

What most of the world doesn’t know is that the thin air that surrounds Hilltop villages increases ones ability to think, learn and generally know everything there is to know about everything. (Imagine "The Hitchhikers Guide to the universe", Marvin’s brain plus “everything you ever wanted to know about digesting mushrooms” put together.)

These remote close knit fungal communities have developed a sort of déjà vu mind reading system which allows them to know what you know (and more) just a few days after they didn’t get the report you sent.

The expertise is so high around here that outside expertise is only called in to help with small trivial matters like trying to find a video recorder which isn’t made by a company called “Front Loading”. Oh, you knew that, you were just joking, ha, ha, ok, I will concentrate on your second request then and try and explain why you can’t fit a search engine in your car to help you find mushrooms, and no I won’t phone google and ask if it’s a diesel.

Ok, so finally after six months of hard work the project is finally finished, but just before you can press the official launch button you realise by the look on their faces that they know something you don’t.. Have they found a bug you wonder, is it a virus, suddenly it dawns on you, it’s worse, it’s a fungus – you forgot to load their traditional mushroom screensaver and as their digital imaging specialist hasn’t turned up for work yet the official launch will have to wait until their "expert" puts things right.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A4243853

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more