Life, The Pointlessness of It

2 Conversations

Life itself is an entirely pointless chemical reaction that can cause a large amount of suffering for anyone else unfortunate enough be alive. Life itself has no potential viable purpose and is a waste of time the universe could better spend pottering about playing tiddlywinks or something. Some people may say that we were created by a god but that is total codswallop, there is no particularily good reason for life and it was just a chance mistake that shouldn't of happened. Others may say that life can be represented by the number 42, the theory divised by hyper computer Deep Thought, and they would be more correct. For 42 is the answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything. The only problem is no-one actually knows what the Question is, so Deep Thought devised Earth to work out what the Question really is. That won't work though, no-one will like what the question REALLY is.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A4210273

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more