A Conversation for Dutch h2g2 Meet!!!

Meeting in South Germany (Sorry I´m using this Forum...)

Post 81

Trillian's child


YESSS

Karlsruhe is great!! I suspect that everyone else is further South though - Ringo, Bossel, Engländer...


Meeting in South Germany (Sorry I´m using this Forum...)

Post 82

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

Right, Kheldar. Oktoberfest takes priority, and I'm going to have some friends here. Otherwise I would surely put it on my schedule.
As for a South German meeting: any place will do, although research for the Autobahn entry is believed to be completed.


Meeting in South Germany (Sorry I´m using this Forum...)

Post 83

Tschörmen (german) -|-04.04.02

I´ve put up an seperate Article on the subject of a southgerman meeting

http://www.h2g2.com/A433054

Hope this thingy with the link will work...


Meeting in South Germany (Sorry I´m using this Forum...)

Post 84

Kheldar (Don't hate the media, Become the media)

Good luck with it smiley - smiley. Y'all have fun in there smiley - smiley


Meeting in Holland.

Post 85

Trillian's child


With all these meetings coming up we'll have to warn the H2G2 shop that there's going to be a run on tee-shirts. How else will we know each other.

I've been looking into train times. Do I go to Amsterdam or to Aalphen if I arrive Friday evening?


Meeting in Holland.

Post 86

Kheldar (Don't hate the media, Become the media)

Does that mean you're definately coming over then?
Are you on ICQ or MSN Messenger or something like that? It's easier to make arrangements that way. If not, I'll think of the best way to meet, and post it. I think it all depends of the time you'll be arriving.


Meeting in Holland.

Post 87

MyBrainHurts (Muse of bows and strings, principal viola of the h2g2 orchestra)

Hi Kheldar, Shazz

I will happen to be in Amsterdam on friday, 29th september (right now I am living and working in Hamburg). I will be pretty busy, because I am going to defend my thesis at the Vrije Universiteit the tuesday thereafter, but I would like to spend a few hours with fellow h2g2ers! I haven't found something akin to a schedule for saturday in Alphen. What is planned, and is it worth attending (shouldn't be asking that, I know)?

Let me know, visit my space, contact me!

Cheers, MyBrainHurts


Meeting in Holland.

Post 88

Trillian's child


Just click the "Dutch H2G2 Meeet" link at the top of the conversations. Now I know there's a violinist coming that may well decide me. I can't play an instrument any more (IRL) but I have years and years of choral singing practice to my name and would love to be in a choir.


Meeting in Holland.

Post 89

Kheldar (Don't hate the media, Become the media)

OK people, there has been a small change of plans. Due to the fact that the saturday night party in het Kasteel is probably not the best evening for an h2g2 meet (music's too loud to have a proper conversation), and the fact that people will probably want to spend more time in Amsterdam than just 2 or three hours (to visit musea and stuff), the organisation has decided that it's probably best to swap the two days.

This means that the schedule will be something like this:

Friday morning TM and myself will be at Schiphol Airport to pick up the people flying in from England. Depending on the time of arrival we should be back somewhere around noon. In the afternoon we will be available for trips to the station and so on to meet the rest of the party.
Once everybody has arrived, friday afternoon could be used for several things. Visit to Avifauna, shopping in Alphen or just hang around in a bar.
Friday evening will be the evening in Het Kasteel, and if necessary, another pub in Alphen.

Saturday morning will probably be used for sleeping in, after which we will leave for Amsterdam. People who won't arrive until saturday will probably meet up with us in Amsterdam, at an appointed place. The afternoon in Amsterdam will be spent to everyone's own desire. We will meet up at an appointed place for something to eat, after which we will investigate the Amsterdam nightlife. End time of the evening? I haven't got a clue smiley - winkeye.

We still have to think of activities on sunday. Of course, that also depends of the departure times of the attendees.

As for the friday, yes it's definately worth visiting. It'll be great fun. Same goes for the saturday of course.

I hope this is enough information for everyone, if not, please let me know. I will be awaiting confirmation of attendance now...

See you (or maybe not) the 29th of september
Kheldar smiley - smiley


Meeting in Holland.

Post 90

Arutha( patron saint of personal magnetism )

You think you can just switch the days like that, my entire life was planned out in these twq days. First some shopping in amsterdam and on saturday going out along with the Kasteel sound system with a big bang. Now you completely have messed up my life (for the part you didn't already). Well I just have to plan another day for those events, I'll just stick with drinking, drinking, drinking, meeting new people and uuuhhhhhhh drinking.


Meeting in Holland.

Post 91

Miriam

MyBrainHurts, that's interesting, VU, that's interesting too...

Arutha is in a bad mood today!!
smiley - smiley


Meeting in Holland.

Post 92

shazzPRME

LOL... he has these moments Miriam... I'm sure he'll cope! He IS a student after all! smiley - smiley
shazz smiley - winkeye


Meeting in Holland.

Post 93

Kheldar (Don't hate the media, Become the media)

And also a VERY good friend of ours. He wouldn't be mean to his VERY good friends, would he smiley - winkeye? If we ask him very nicely?


Meeting in Holland.

Post 94

Arutha( patron saint of personal magnetism )

Goodday, back and in a better mood today. ofcourse I woudn't be mean to you, as long as you do as I say. After all I am SUBGEORDY


Meeting in Holland.

Post 95

Kheldar (Don't hate the media, Become the media)

Aren't subgeordy's supposed to close the place at the end of the evening?
smiley - winkeye


Meeting in Holland.

Post 96

TowelMaster

SUBGEORDY ? As opposed to DOMGEORDY ??? smiley - winkeye

And don't ask me to explain that one.

TM.


Meeting in Holland.

Post 97

Kheldar (Don't hate the media, Become the media)

ROFL!!
smiley - bigeyessmiley - bigeyessmiley - bigeyessmiley - bigeyes


Meeting in Holland.

Post 98

Peta

We're going to be coming along. Mark, Abi and myself. I booked the tickets today. See you there guys... smiley - smiley


Meeting in Holland.

Post 99

TowelMaster

Just don't forget to email your arrivaltime at Schiphol to me, Kheldar or Shazz. Oh yeah, the flightnumber would be handy smiley - winkeye

TM.


Meeting in Holland.

Post 100

shazzPRME

It's already under negotiation TM smiley - smiley
shazz smiley - winkeye


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more