Disneyland

0 Conversations

ADVENTURELAND
The smallest land in the park. It consists officially of two rides, one show, and one walkthrough exhibit of sorts. There are a few little shops and a restaurant as well. it was suggester by Walt’s True-Life Adventure films. It’s entrance is served by the Enchanted Tiki Room. The two rides that are contained in this land are of differing types. The slow, relaxing, outdoor, boat-ride of the Jungle Cruise and the hogh-tech, fast-paced, dark room, pure terror inducing Indiana Jones Adventure. Beyond the rides lie Tarzan’s treehouse, previously the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse. Some people believe that the Pirates of the Carribean is an Adventureland attraction (as it is in Florida) but although the ride itself has Adventureland qualities, the Pirates are entirely located within New Orleans Square boundaries.
ADVENTURELAND BAZAAR
A nice little shop which sells leather goods, imitation primal souveniers, and, moe and more frequently, merchandise from Disney’s latest Adventure film, i.e., Aladdin, The Lion King, George of the Jungle.
ALADDIN’S OASIS
No one is sure quite what to make of Aladdin’s Oasis. Originally built as a restaurant to replace the Tahitan Terrace, it featured not only really crummy food, but also a show. The show was the best part. It featured a re-tooled, condensed version of the film “Aladdin” and was also used as an excuse to serve chocolate lamps full of rasberry sauce. As if you needed an excuse. It is possible that all the running around that Aladdin had to do was distracting, and for a short while Aladdin’s Oasis became Aladdin and Jasmine’s story-telling bloddywhatsit, I can’t rtemember because it didn’t last long. Now the Aladdion’s Oasis building stands empty.
ALICE IN WONDERLAND
A very good ride. One of the parks dark-rides which takes you in a car shaped like a caterpillar down a rabbit hole, through a talking door, and into Wonerland whether you like it or not. But you will, rest assured. It’s located in Fantasyland and uses special effects including strobe lights, projections, mirrors, and animated figures. Kathryn Beuamont performs Alice’s narrations. The best part is after you escape from the Queen’s men, which is notoriously easy, you are outside and it looks like you might be done. You see the Mad Tea Party outside the ride and the next thing you know you are in the ride again talking to a Cheshire cat before joining the mad ones for an exploding cake. Always a very long line, come late when all the kids are tired and are going home or during a parade or show.
AMERICAN SPACE EXPERIENCE, THE
An exhibit in Tomorrowland which chronicles NASA’s explorations of space. From the first satelite to the moon landing to the Mars Pathfinder, this interactive display has 3-D viewing screens, little twirly things, replicas, and a big scale where you can see how much you weigh on other planets for no apparent reason.
ANIMAZEMENT
This is a Fabtasyland Theatre production showcasing music from all the recent Disney musicals. Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, and other films about a beautiful girl in a position of some importance who wants something more and goes in search of it finding a man who’s sort of an outcast himself and they find love, even though no one understands it and nine times out of ten they live happily ever after.
ANNUAL PASSPORTS
The best way to see the park. If you’re an enthusiast who goes to Disneyland several times a year, the Annual Passport is for you. It pays for itself after way too many trips.
ASTRO ORBITER
Previously the Rocket Jets, then the Astro Jets, and finally the Astro Orbiter. Twelve rockets, labeled with the signs of the zodiac, spin around a base at an alarmingly fast rate.it’s a great way to see the park from a very fast bird’s eye view, but the line is usually atrocious.
AUTOPIA
There are two Autopias. The Fantasyland Autopia is closed unless attendances get too high and the Tomorrowland Autopia, well…They recently finsihed re-furbishing this one and it really wasn’t worth it. The line is over-complicated, the ride shorter than it was, and it’s made up too much like a racing track. The remodeling of Autopia marks the last attraction in Tomorowland to be changed from the way it was in the beginning. Autopia had stayed the same all these years while the rest of the park was changing around it. The cars are new metallic colors, you get an Autopia driver’s liscence, and there is this one little bit where you can see a 3-D sort of film with those cute cars from the Chevron commercials. The difficulty with the qeue is that it was designed for FastPass, see separate entry.
AUTOPIA WINNER’S CIRCLE
Here you can buy accessories for you car, take your picture to place on you Autopia liscence, or stock up on little toy cars with Mickey or Minnie driving them.
BENGAL BARBEQUE
Very good ribs. Located right across from Indiana Jones Adventure in Adventureland.
BIG THUNDER BARBECUE

BIG THUNDER MOUNTAIN RAILROAD
BLUE BAYOU RESTAURANT
BLUE RIBBON BAKERY
BONANZA OUTFITTERS
BRER BAR
BRIAR PATCH
CAFÉ ORLEANS
CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE
CAMERA KIOSK
CANDY KITCHEN
CANDY PALACE
CARNATION CAFÉ
CAROUSEL CANDIES
CASEY JR. CIRCUS TRAIN
CHARACTERS
CHINA CLOSET
CHIP ‘N DALE TREEHOUSE
CLARABELLE’S FROZEN YOGURT
CONESTOGA FRIES
Just outside the exit of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is a covered wagon where you can by fountain drinks and McDonald's fries. It's a nice place to get a snack.
COSMIC WAVES
This is a giant fountain in Tomorrowland. In the center is a giant orb which rolls around supported on water. Surrounding it in a giant circle are water jets complete with chlorene. If you do not desire to get wet, be wary around this place since it is full of little kids in swimsuits who could very easily push you into the spray.
COUNTRY BEAR PLAYHOUSE

COUNTRY BEAR VACATION HOEDOWN
CRISTAL D’ORLEANS
CRITTER COUNTRY
CRYSTAL ARTS
DAISY’S DINER
DARK RIDES
One of Disney's many original contributions to amusement parks. Any ride in which you ride a little track through various scenes in dark rooms lit by dark lights, strobe lights and ultra-violets falls under this heading. They are usually a lot of fun and vary from Snow White's Scary Adventure in Fantasyland to the Indiana Jones Adventure in Adventureland. They might not be safe for some people, however, and the Fantasyland dark rides always have lines longer than Milton Berle's...except for Snow White's Scary Adventure. The best way to tell if there are too many people at the park on any given day is to see if there's a line. Only when attendances are high does anyone ride this one.
DAVY CROCKETT’S EXPLORER CANOES
Absolutely the least fun ride there is. It is only opened on high-attendance days and when it is, it serves as a very effective method of isolating the most touristy tourists from the rest. On the ride you all sit down in a canoe and, even though it is guided by a rail and powered by a motor, are forced to row by AHs (Atraction Hosts) who do nothing but bark orders at you.
DISNEY CLOTHIERS, LTD.
DISNEY DOLLARS
DISNEY GALLERY
DISNEY GALLERY COLLECTOR’S ROOM
DISNEY SHOWCASE
DISNEY, WALT
DISNEYANA
DISNEYLAND MONORAIL
DISNEYLAND RAILROAD
DISNEYLAND RESORT HOTELS
DONALD’S BOAT
DUMBO THE FLYING ELEPHANT
EMPORIUM
ENCHANTED TIKI ROOM
FANTASMIC!
FANTASY FAIRE GIFTS
FANTASYLAND
FANTASYLAND THEATRE
FASTPASS
Imagine you are going to Disneyland with a friend. Imagine you and this friend have a deal that he'll wait in line for you and you can ride something else, then comeback when your friend is closer to the front. Now, imagine that instead of getting in line, he cuts deep into it and stops walking for minutes at a time, holding up all the people behind him who waited in line longer than him. Now you have the idea of the FastPass well in hand. The rides currently set up for FastPass are the Autopia, Splash Mountain, the Indiana Jones Adventure and Roger Rabbit's Car-Toon Spin.
FESTIVAL ARENA
FIRE ENGINE
FIREWORKS
FIVE AND DIME
FRENCH MARKET RESTAURANT
FRONTIERLAND
FRONTIERLAND SHOOTIN’ EXPOSITION
GADGET’S GO COASTER
GAG FACTORY
GEPPETO’S TOYS & GIFTS
GIBSON GIRL ICE CREAM PARLOR
GOLDEN HORSESHOE STAGE, THE
GOLDEN HORSESHOE, THE
GOOFY’S BOUNCE HOUSE
HARBOUR GALLEY
HATMOSPHERE
HAUNTED MANSION
HERALDRY SHOPPE
HONEY, I SHRUNK THE AUDIENCE
The good news is that Michael Jackson pos Captain EO is gone forever. The bad news is it's replaced by a new Honey movie. You might remember the Honey movies which began in the 80's with Honey, I Shrunk the Kids and was follwed up by Honey, I Blew Up the Kid and the direct to video threequel Honey, We Shrunk Ourselves. This new show is set up to look like an imaginary group called the Imagination Institute is honoring Rick Morannis's wacky inventor character Wayne Salinsky (I think that's spelled right). The "ceremony" is hosted by Eric Idle of Monty Python fame. Everything goes relatively well until Wayne misses and fires the shrinking ray at the audience. You spend the rest of the show at a quarter of an inch tall. You are tickled by thousands of duplicate mice threatened by a giant snake, nearly stepped on by a mother, picked up and dropped by a brother, and finally sneezed on by an enormous dog. The special effect are good, just don't sit right up front. You will see double for most of the show.
HORSE-DRAWN CARRIAGE
HORSELESS CARRIAGE
HUNGRY BEAR RESTAURANT
INDIANA JONES ADVENTURE
My sister's favorite. The story goes that Indiana Jones has discovered the mythical Temple of the Forbidden Eye. Ruled by the god Manna, you are promised either eternal youth, eternal wealth, or visions of the future by passing into the chamber of destiny. But, if you look into the god's eyes you will be sent through the gates of doom. Indiana went to check all this out but hasn't come back. In the ride you file into an old looking jeep and bump and jerk your way through the temple. The interesting thing about this ride is that it is different every time. Let me clarify that. In most rides you stop at certain points, accelerate at other points, and slow down at still others. On Indy's ride however the starts, stops, speed ups, and slow downs are random so you never quite get used to the ride. I'll tell you this, no matter how many times you ride it, you never get used to that boulder at the end.
INDIANA JONES ADVENTURE OUTPOST
INDY FRUIT CART
INNOVENTIONS
IT’S A SMALL WORLD
IT’S A SMALL WORLD TOY SHOP
JEWEL OF ORL’EANS
JOLLY TROLLEY
JUNGLE CRUISE
KING ARTHUR CAROUSEL
L’ORNEMENT MAGIQUE
LA MASCARADE D’ORLEANS
LA PETITE PATISSERIE
LE PETIT CHALET GIFTS
LOCKERS
MAD HATTER, THE
MAD TEA PARTY
MAIN STREET CINEMA
MAIN STREET CONE SHOP
MAIN STREET MAGIC SHOP
MAIN STREET PHOTO SUPPLY CO.
MAIN STREET, U.S.A.
MARK TWAIN RIVERBOAT
MARKET HOUSE
MATTERHORN BOBSLEDS
MICKEY’S HOUSE
MICKEY’S TOONTOWN
MINNIE’S HOUSE
MINT JULEP BAR
MISS DAISY
MOUSE, MICKEY
see seperate entry
MR. TOAD’S WILD RIDE
MUSIC
NAMES UNRAVELLED
NEW CENTURY JEWELRY
NEW CENTURY TIMEPIECES
NEW ORLEANS SQUARE
NEWSSTAND
OMNIBUS
PARADES
PARASOL CART
PARKING
PENNY ARCADE
PETER PAN’S FLIGHT
PIECES OF EIGHT
PIN TRADING
PINOCCHIO’S DARING JOURNEY
PIONEER MERCANTILE
PIRATES OF THE CARRIBEAN
PLAZA INN
PLUTO’S DOG HOUSE
POOH CORNER
PORT D’ORLEANS
PORTRAIT ARTISTS
PREMIERE SHOP
PRINCESS BOUTIQUE, THE
PROFESSOR BARNABY OWL’D PHOTOGRAPHIC ART STUDIO
RADIO DISNEY
RAFTS TO TOM SAWYER’S ISLAND
REDD ROCKETT’S PIZZA PORT
REFRESHMENT CORNER
RIVER BELLE TERRACE
ROCKET RODS
ROGER RABBIT’S CAR-TOON SPIN
ROYAL STREET SWEETS
ROYAL STREET VERANDA
SAILING SHIP COLUMBIA
SILHOUETTE STUDIO
SLEEPING BEAUTY CASTLE
SNOW WHITE’S SCARY ADVENTURE
SOUTH SEAS TRADERS
SPACE MOUNTAIN
SPIRIT OF REFRESHMENT
SPLASH MOUNTAIN
No one is quite sure how the imagineers decided that log ride and water fall were the best ride venues for the happy-go-lucky film “Song of the South.” Most probably, it’s just that they wanted to do that drop into the briar patch bit and couldn’t think aof another way of doing it. One time when I was in the qeue for this ride, (and this is true), someone said to me, “Excuse me, do you know if you get wet on this ride?” that’s like asking whether or not NASA uses rocket ships. YOU WILL GET WET! There is nothing you can do that will result in you not needing a towel after this ride. But there are ways of getting less wet than others. First, lean forward. Usually when people hit the “Big one” they lean back and go with the air flow. This makes them upright and lets more water hit them. Leaning forward, against the flow, will make most of the spray hit you. If you sit in the very front of the log the front of the log will work like a diving cap on an olympic athlete and send the spray on either side of you.
STAGE DOOR CAFÉ
STAR TOURS
STAR TRADER, THE
STARCADE
STORYBOOK LAND CANAL BOATS
STROMBILI’S WAGON
SWORD IN THE STONE CEREMONY, THE
TARZAN’S TREEHOUSE
TEDDI BARRA’S SWINGIN’ ARCADE
TIKI JUICE BAR
TINKER BELL TOY SHOPPE
TOM SAWYER’S ISLAND
TOMORROWLAND
TOMORROWLAND TERRACE
TROPICAL IMPORTS
TROUBADOUR TREATS
20TH CENTURY MUSIC COMPANY
VILLAGE HAUS RESTAURANT
VILLAIN’S LAIR
WALT DISNEY STORY FEATURING GREAT MOMENTS WITH MR. LINCOLN, THE
WESTWARD HO TRADIN COMPANY
WOODY’S ROUNDUP


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A404092

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more