A Conversation for The Sub-editors' Home Page

How long is the wait?

Post 1

ZenMondo

I was wondering how long the sub-editor process takes. I've been anxiously awaiting my once rejected, now recommended entry A Pratical Definition of Pagan http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A347708 to make its debut on the front page.

Is there anyway I can help the sub-editor that is working on my piece? Do I just need to be more patient?

-- ZenMondo


How long is the wait?

Post 2

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

ZenMondo, the wait can be anything up to three months. A lot depends on how busy the volunteer sub editors are in their own personal lives.

When your opus appears on the front page you will be sent an email telling you about the exciting event. Until then, alas, you will have to patient. Why not start writing another article while you are waiting.

On a brighter note, Anna (one of the paid staff) has recently sent out a call for subs to sent articles back if they have finished working on them. (We get more than one at a time to sub). With a bit of luck yours may be one of these and it will be starring on the front page shortly.

Hope that helps, Loony


How long is the wait?

Post 3

Ginger The Feisty

It's down to me. I've only had the article a few weeks and am just adding the finishing touches before sending it back.

Just to note we get about one week per article and usually get batches of four so it can take a month just to get through us.

Sorry for the delay - As Looney said, it can take some of us longer if we have a lot on and I have been a bit busy at work lately. Promise you will hear somethign soon!


How long is the wait?

Post 4

ZenMondo

Thank you. You Sub-Editors are great! smiley - smiley I'm sorry if I came across as an impatient brat.


How long is the wait?

Post 5

Ginger The Feisty

You weren't a brat. We've all been stuck in the same position - it once took me 6 months to get an article I wrote through!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more