Sixthform

0 Conversations

Ok it's getting very close to the year 12 AS exams and already some of my friends are chickening out over the amount of work that needs to be done. Two of them are going off to another college to do one subject and not bother with any others. A month ago one friend of mine just up and left, never to return again! It just isn't the same without him; he took up all of the space in our corner, he was kamp, and now that I think about it since there is more room it's not all that bad.

No. But seriously we do miss him, he should have stayed to atleast finnish his AS exams and get a grade. How is he surposed to get a proper job if he dosn't have any qualifications? I don't think that you can rely totaly on GCSE's. I mean, in-the-end it just shows to an employer that you couldn't handle the work load and you don't have the basic disipline to actualy do any work at all, and why should they employ you anyway?

Well, my other two friends are going to college for another two years to do a deploma thing, they say that it will get them straight into Univercity no questions asked. I'm not sure about this because if they wanted to do a deploma and get into Uni, then why didn't they go instead of going to sixthform for a year? It just means that you're taking longer to do something and by the time you've finished it you're already 27(for example) instead of 22(for example).

Persevering through the hardship of A levels is good and benificial because:
a) It shows you can do the work.
b) Even if you get good grades in a subject that you don't think is relevant to the career you want to do, it still shows to an employer that you've learnt disipline to do large amounts of work and come out tops.
c) Think about the friends you'll be leaving! I can't bear the though that two of my closest friends will not be there to brighten up our common room next year.

Oh, I at least tried to change peoples minds, brainwashing dosn't seem to work, so a good argument is needed to resolve this issue. My only thing to advise is to think carefully about what you're doing and don't just give up and throw it all away. The work load dosn't calm down just because you go to a college and do one subject, it's just as hard as doing the same three subjects at A level. Your future is golden and learn as much stuff as is humanly possible to get you somewhere in life, the universe and everywhere!

Or, alternitivly, you don't have to take in any of this and just comment on it. I'm still doing my AS's and I'm going off to do A level next year. Don't ask me for advice on where to go and stuff because I don't know where I want to go yet, I'm just going with my strengths. So should you if you're in doubt, or go to your Careers Adviser, Teacher and of course, your parents or guardians for help.

Eddy Random

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A3932723

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more