A Conversation for The Joy of Eating Toast

Ha ha!

Post 1

U187265

Dead good. I really enjoyed reading this entry. Entertaining and easy to get through whilst just procrastinating by surfing the web.

Ends kind of abruptly though. Any chance of adding a little more? Perhaps some recommended toppings.

Or maybe even mention Melba Toast and show that toast can even be an arsey treat when served with smoked salmon:

Easy way of making melba toast is to toast a bit bread, cut it in half DOWN THE CENTRE OF THE CRUST so you have two slice-sized bits of bread toasted on one side, soft on the other. Stick the new, extra thin slices under a hot grill for a minute, soft side up until it is also toasted and the slices begin to curl. Serve with pompous condiment of your choice.

Good luck with the entry, matey. Hope it gets in. smiley - goodluck

Hirst.x


Ha ha!

Post 2

bourne106

Thanks for the support, everyone seems to like the entry so I hope it gets in.

I've tried making Melba toast but I always screw up and either split the slice or burn it beyond recognition. In the end I just buy the packets in the supermarket or just use crackers!


Ha ha!

Post 3

TallTony

What a great topic to write about!

Just one thing to remember...plain toast is also really good to eat when suffering with diarrhoea

oh yeah one more thing....dry toast is great to make breadcrumbs for really delicious dishes and croutons for soup,

dry toast is so good it wouldn't surprise me if it was used in construction smiley - biggrin ok only kidding


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more