Hitchhiker's Guide Premiere Competition

7 Conversations

Martin Freeman as Arthur and Mos Def as Ford. © 2005 Touchstone Pictures.

In the story of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, the answer to Life, the Universe and Everything is 42, but no-one knows what the actual question is. We wanted you to suggest - in 25 words or less - what that all-important question might be.

The competition is now closed and we're in the process of letting the winners know. The winners will then be invited to come to London's West End on the evening of Wednesday, 20 April 2005.

h2g2 Competition Rules

  • The competition is open to UK residents only, of 18 years or over. Overseas players are not eligible. You do not have to be a registered member of h2g2 to enter.

  • The prize is one ticket per winner for the film-screening at the premiere. This does not qualify for after-show parties. Travel and accommodation expenses are not included.

  • All submissions must be suitable for a family audience. Any submissions that would normally fail our House Rules will be discounted.

  • You must provide the BBC with your name, age and email address if you wish to enter this competition. The BBC will only ever use your personal details for the purposes of administering this competition, and will not publish them or provide them to anyone outside of the competition without your permission.

  • By entering the competition, you grant the BBC a non-exclusive licence to use your submission. What that means is that you retain the copyright on the text, but you're giving us permission to publish it. For more information, read our Terms and Conditions.

  • In the event of winners being unable to attend the screening, the BBC reserves the right to offer the prize to another entrant.

  • Prizes must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred and there will be no cash alternatives.

  • The Producers do not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the Internet. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Also, while we will make every endeavour to ensure the tickets arrive in good time, we accept no responsibility for tickets arriving on or after the date of the premiere itself.

  • Entrants must supply full details as required above, and comply with all rules to be eligible for the prizes. No responsibility is accepted for ineligible entries or entries made fraudulently.

  • This competition is not open to employees or contractors of the BBC, Disney or any person directly or indirectly involved in the organisations or running of the competition, or their direct family members.

  • The Producer's decision is final in every situation including any not covered above and no correspondence will be entered into.

  • The Producers reserve the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in their opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of their control.

  • Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when entering this competition.

  • This agreement is governed by the laws of England and Wales.

  • This competition is administered by the BBC in conjunction with Buena Vista International (UK).


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A3895770

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

References

h2g2 Entries

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more