Letters from a Nut

0 Conversations


By Ted L. Nancy

Introduction by Jerry Seinfeld
Letters from a Nut, and its various sequels, are some of the funniest bits of madness ever to be printed. The premise is simple: write a letter to someone, telling them of a problem you have: a lost Prussian sword, a butter costume, or a corn that looks like Shelley Fabares. Then print your letter and their replies in a book.

What makes this book genius is not the concept, or even the oddly serious replies, but Mr. Nancy's hilarious writing style. He parenthesizes beautifully: This week can be moved, but this is the best date. (Ink Spot Fest, Coasters Grandma birthday, Cinnamon, etc.) He capitalizes sporadically: I will need NO HELP in putting these drapes up. I have taken them down and put them up MANY times. I WILL MAKE LITTLE MESS when I'm finished. And he always finds something nice to say: Thank you very much, Sahara, for getting back to me on this. I love your driveway.
This book is definately a classic. The first time you read it, you laugh. The second time, you also laugh, but you are laughing at the subtle running gags that link the letters together. The third, you begin to see the true genius of Mr. Nancy's work. This book is a must-buy.

Endoporpoise
Letters from a Nut, by Ted L. Nancy, is available from Avon Books in New York City.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A384040

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more