High School

0 Conversations

American public school system's biggest flaw.

High School is a term used for a collection of three or four (depending on the district's preference) grade levels of education. It consists of grades 9, 10, 11, and 12.

While it seems like a perfectly normal grouping of classes and schools, High School is farther from normal then a Richard Simmons Exercise Marathon played back on one's VCR on frame forward to get Betelgeuse VI's Garglesnarfles in the mood for reproduction.

What makes High School so bizarre is the combination of everything going wrong. There are the moody teenage students who want to make love one moment, then kill themselves the next. Secondly, you've got the teachers who are getting paid less then a temp courtesy telephone wiper and are generally in a bad mood because they can't afford to live anywhere near the poorly funded school built next to the rich students and their families. Then finally you have the bad tasting cafeteria food, which is enough to make the students moodier and the teachers grumpier. All of this makes for the atmosphere that is High School.

However, that's leaving out one integral factor: homework. Homework is assigned to the students and corrected by the teachers with the purpose of teaching the day's lessons more fully to the students. But what really ends up happening is the students despise it and only do it because they have to, thus not learning anything, and not doing it well. Then the teachers have to correct it, forcing them to stay up late all night to correct the incorrect homework. As a result, the students become even moodier, and the teachers become grumpier still.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A38297

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more