Melbourne, Arkansas USA

0 Conversations

Melbourne is a small quiet country town with a population of only 1562. And a deep dark secret. It began a a simple reearch project for history class. As I began to dig deeper and deeper into the history of this town I discovered, there isn't one. The name was borrowed and no one really knows how it got here. Something just doesn't add up. Like the number of car dealerships. There are 7 dealerships The population of cars exceeds the people. All the businesses in town are lined up neatly along the main highway luring unexpecting tourist. It begins as a rutine pit stop gone terribly wrong. Once they've lured you in your chance of escape is minimul. To all passerby's I heed this warning:keep driving and don't stop till your clear of this town. The first weedend of May just take another route. The inviting banner stating "Welcome to Pioneer Days" spells out trouble. Simply passing through is make impossible by people flooding into the street and road blocks celebrating the history of a town that doesn't exsist. I know there had got to be more to this. Something that is kept hidden behind lock and key with a sign on the door saying beware of bearkat. I know I'm very close to breaking the secret, soon the world will know the answer and hitchhikers will once again be safe. The key had to be........... " shuffling footsteps, scraping chairs a muffled scream" "silence"


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A376887

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more