Haggis

1 Conversation

Found only in the hills of Scotland, the haggis is one of the most cunning animals in the world. There are several species of haggi in Scotland, the most dominant being the Hill Haggis. Other, less common species include the Forest Haggis, Snow Haggis, and the very rare Burrowing Haggis.
The Hill Haggis is just over 30cm in length, and about 10 cm high. It has four feet, a long snout and is covered in dark brown hair. The Hill Haggis is found only in the highland areas of Scotland. Ben Nevis is well known throughout Scotland for it's many Haggi. Several attempts have been made to breed Haggi, but none of them sucseeded. The Haggi either escape or die, and as they are such a rare species, all attempts of Haggis farming have been halted.
The Forest Haggis used to be very common, but due to them being a rare Scottish delacicy, their numbers have rapidly declined over the last decade. The Forest Haggis is very similar to the Hill Haggis, except the Forest Haggis has a slightly bulkier build and is coloured lighter that the Hill Haggis.
The Snow Haggis is found only in the extreme hights of Scotlands hills, where snow is atop them all year round. They are quite rare, and very hard to spot due to their white coat blending in with the snow. It will eat anything it finds, and the sharp teeth it develops makes hunting easier for this near-invisible animal.
The very rare Burrowing Haggis is found only in the West coast of Scotland, and as it's name suggests it burrows into the ground similar to what a rabbit does. It is very hard to find the Burrowing Haggis as it spends most of it's time underground, and comes out only at night to hunt for food. It is a blackish colour and is the fastest mover out of all the Haggi species.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A37612

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more