A Conversation for Slayerville

Alyson Hannigan

Post 1

Carlyle Ferris


Alyson Hannigan - Sunnydale’s Willow taking the Mickey
From Moviehole.net - 2005-06-22nd - (as Willow Rosenberg on Buffy & Angel)

Former "Buffy" star Alyson Hannigan is following in the footsteps of former co-stars Danny Strong and Marc Blucas by putting her hand up to star in a film spoof.

The lass behind Witchy Willow has signed to star in an untitled comedy that will take the Mickey out of romantic comedies.

Hannigan, who recently guest-starred on "Veronica Mars", will play the lead role, with Eddie Griffin playing her father.

Adam Campbell, Fred Willard and Hannigan’s "American Pie" co-star Jennifer Coolidge co-stars. Campbell plays her romantic interest, with Coolidge and Willard playing his parents.

Written and directed by Aaron Seltzer and Jason Friedberg (the co-writers of "Scary Movie"), the film started rolling earlier this week in Sunny LA.



Alyson Hannigan

Post 2

Carlyle Ferris

From another source:

Alyson Hannigan Starring In An Untitled Romantic Comedy
From Variety.com - By Dave McNary - 2005-06-22nd - (as Willow Rosenberg on Buffy & Angel)

Thesp duo joins laffer

Hannigan, Campbell find their ’Happy Place’

Alyson Hannigan and Adam Campbell will star in an untitled romantic comedy for Regency Enterprises, written and directed by Aaron Seltzer and Jason Friedberg.

Shooting began Monday in Los Angeles on the project, produced by Paul Schiff ("Walking Tall," "Mona Lisa Smile"), with the logline under wraps. Jennifer Coolidge and Fred Willard also star.

Hannigan starred in all three "American Pie" films and co-starred on "Buffy the Vampire Slayer." This fall she’ll star in the new CBS comedy series "How I Met Your Mother."

Seltzer and Friedberg co-wrote Dimension’s 2000 horror sendup "Scary Movie" and the 1996 spoof "Spy Hard." Last year, the duo sold to Regency the pitch "Happy Place," about a stressed-out family man who gets stuck in his mental "happy place" only to find it a living hell.



Alyson Hannigan

Post 3

Carlyle Ferris

It would appear that Aly's comedy, "How I met your Mother" has been bought by the BBC to show on BBC2 next year. Shiny!


Alyson Hannigan

Post 4

Carlyle Ferris

More about my obsession...
Alyson Hannigan - About "Buffy" - Suntimes.com Interview
From Suntimes.com - By Doug Elfman - 2005-07-21st

Witchy woman fun as ever

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. -- On "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," Alyson Hannigan played a Jewish lesbian witch, and she used her soft-spoken delivery to eke out lines such as, "I’m so evil. And skanky. And I think I’m kinda gay." But "Buffy" wasn’t a No. 1 show, so it took 1999’s "American Pie" to introduce Hannigan to a nation of moviegoers.

In "Pie," she was the redhead who told a boy about a sexual escapade with a flute by saying, "This one time, at band camp. ..." Later she straddled that same boy and screamed, "Say my name, bitch!" In the third "Pie" movie, she announced, "I just shoved a trumpet in [an uncomfortable place]. Aren’t instruments fun?"

On screen, what makes Hannigan’s sexual playfulness amusing and more everyday cuddly than the dominants we see in roles filled by, say, Linda Fiorentino is that Hannigan looks as if she’s barely aware of sex, even at age 30. It must be her steady meter of a happy voice that pulls this off. Or maybe it’s the childlike swirl of joy and discovery that twirls in her eyes.

Either way, she has a new fall show headed for CBS that makes use of this skill. It’s a sitcom called "How I Met Your Mother," and in the pilot, her character has sex with her man on a kitchen floor. A mishap leaves her with a bruised eye, they jump in a cab to see a doctor, and the cabbie asks her if the dude hit her. She laughs. Her tone is as light as a condom:

"This guy could barely even spank me in bed for fun. He’s all, like, ’Oh honey, did it hurt?’ And I’m like, ’Come on. Let me have it, ya pansy!’ "

Hannigan showed up at a TV critics meeting on Tuesday to promote her new sitcom. I asked her what she thinks about this sub-theme of sexual dominance that has arisen in her acting-role arc.

"I know!" she said. Her smile looked as curvy and fun-time as ever. "I don’t know why this keeps following me. ... I don’t want people to be, like, ’Well, that’s just the "American Pie" movie.’ But you know, it was fun, and I love that cab scene. ... I guess people just think of me that way."

Reporters wanted to know if there’d be a "Buffy" movie.

"I hear there might be a Spike movie, which I think might be the logical character to start with," she said. Spike was the British vampire with a soul who fell in love with Buffy, gave her some smooth lovin’, then saved the world. Show creator Joss Whedon "has talked about different things, and I think the last thing I heard him say was a straight-to-DVD type movie."

One of her former "Buffy" co-stars, Nicholas "Xander" Brendon, is also working on a new sitcom, called "Kitchen Confidential."

"Nick and I are competing for the same time slot, which is really sad, but we’re on the same lot," she said. "Nick came to the set, and he was saying that [the two shows don’t aim for] the same demographic. He’s like, ’Yours is sort of the younger crowd.’ And he’s, like, ’Ours is probably, like, older gay men.’ "

For those of us who think "Buffy" is the best show ever, it’s reassuring to see Hannigan in any role. Co-executive producer Carter Bays joked that she won her new part because another co-executive producer, Craig Thomas, has a wife who’s a "Buffy" fan of such an embarrassing degree that it became uncomfortable to hang around Hannigan after all the fawning.

One TV critic rightly asked Hannigan why she’s doing an ensemble sitcom when it looked as if her career was headed to lead roles. She said she took a break after "Buffy" wrapped in 2003. She hung out with her husband ("Buffy" alum Alexis "Wesley" Denisof), did some yoga, walked her three dogs and went looking for an ensemble comedy so she could be surrounded by funny people all day.

Doing a sitcom is an easier job than shooting hourlong dramas with one camera, she said. And unlike plays, if someone screws up, they reshoot.

"It’s like doing a play, but with training wheels."

See what I mean? What kind of dominant woman uses the phrase "training wheels" in relation to anything? Linda Fiorentino could never get away with that.


Add a comment on this article : click here - Create or participate to a discussion on our


Alyson Hannigan

Post 5

Carlyle Ferris

More from Buffynu.com
Alyson Hannigan may have won sitcom role thanks to Buffy fan
From Zap2it.com - By Rick Porter - 2005-07-21st - (as Willow Rosenberg on Buffy & Angel)

’Buffy’ Fandom Leads to ’Mother’ Lode for Hannigan

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) The character Alyson Hannigan plays in the new CBS comedy "How I Met Your Mother" is based on co-creator Craig Thomas’ wife -- who, on some level, may be responsible for her husband casting the "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" alum.

In the show, Hannigan plays Lily, a close friend of the main character, Ted (Josh Radnor) and the new fiancee of Ted’s best friend Marshall (Jason Segel, "Freaks and Geeks"). Thomas describes her as "very self-assured ... more in control" than Marshall, who’s based on himself.

"[She] kind of wants the Marshall character to kind of step up and be more aggressive and confident, but also secretly, I think, kind of likes wearing the pants in the relationship a little bit," Thomas says, implying things are not that different between him and his wife, Rebecca. Hannigan says she didn’t meet Rebecca until after she started work on "How I Met Your Mother’s" pilot, "so I didn’t steal too much from her. But I will."

Rebecca is also an "enormous ’Buffy’ fan," says Carter Bays, who created "How I Met ..." with Thomas and on whom Radnor’s character is based. "And she got both of us into it, and ..."

"Yeah, arguably that’s why we cast Alyson," Thomas adds. "None of us knew about ’Buffy,’ and my wife said, ’Watch "Buffy."’ And we became almost embarrassingly huge ’Buffy’ dorks to the point where I think Alyson is uncomfortable around us sometimes."

"Extremely," Hannigan deadpans.

For her part, Hannigan says her real-life counterpart is "awesome," and she’s looking forward to playing the TV version of her in the coming season ("How I Met Your Mother" will air at 8:30 p.m. ET Mondays in the fall).

"It’s really cool to be playing somebody who’s alive, I think," Hannigan says. "Until she hates it. And then you’re like, ’Oh, I don’t know. Sorry.’"



Alyson Hannigan

Post 6

Otus Nycteus

Thanks, Doc! Sounds like something to look forward to. Though it might be botanically confusing to suddenly start thinking of 'Willow' as 'Lily'... smiley - winkeye


Alyson Hannigan

Post 7

Black-Eyed Girl... Sometimes the only sane answer to an insane world is insanity!

Ok, Doc mate, I think you need a twelve step program or something..... says me!?!

""This guy could barely even spank me in bed for fun. He’s all, like, ’Oh honey, did it hurt?’ And I’m like, ’Come on. Let me have it, ya pansy!’ " "

I was planning to just watch HIMYM, but now I think I will be taping it too!!
As always Doc, its been a total pleasure and I will away to my land of happy and X-rated thoughts!

smiley - drool

Will


Alyson Hannigan

Post 8

Carlyle Ferris

"Perhaps the night’s biggest disappointment was a so-so debut for the much-hyped new comedy “How I Met Your Mother” at 8:30 p.m. Though it bettered its lead-in, it only averaged a 3.6, behind the debut of NBC’s new drama “Surface.”"


I make no comment. Carlyle


Alyson Hannigan

Post 9

Black-Eyed Girl... Sometimes the only sane answer to an insane world is insanity!

Aaaah, what do they know?!?!


Alyson Hannigan

Post 10

Black-Eyed Girl... Sometimes the only sane answer to an insane world is insanity!

When do we get it again?

ooooh, guess what mate, you'll never guess. I got a birthday pressie from Amber and Diane!! (Yes Amber as in Benson!!!!)




Alyson Hannigan

Post 11

Carlyle Ferris

What did you get black eyes? Lucky girl.

C


Key: Complain about this post