A Conversation for Slayerville

Alyson Hannigan latest project

Post 1

Carlyle Ferris

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:30 pm Post subject: Aly Just Signed For Pilot

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi All,

This should be on the news wires soon, but I just spoke with Aly and she had just come from signing for an upcoming Pilot. She was really excited and thinks it will be a lot of fun.

Name: How I Met Your Mother. It is a CBS pilot, and will tape live, though some of it will be pretaped due to the nature of the show.

I have more details about it, but I am sure there will be more on the entertainment news wires soon.

I also asked her for an address where fan mail, birthday cards etc. could be sent and she said it would really help if you send any fan mail to her in care of CBS, How I Met Your Mother. I don't know the exact address, but I am sure someone here can run it down.

She said it would be really good, because CBS keeps track of any fan mail that comes in and it is a good way to gauge interest in the shows as well as in the actors they have contracted with.

So, that's it for right now. Just wanted to alert you all so you can start watching for more info on this. And for those who want to send her mail, you now have a good place for it to go.
_________________


Alyson Hannigan latest project

Post 2

Carlyle Ferris

He adds, "Here is what I got from her so far: There are 3 lifelong friends that are now old and reflecting back on their life. Alyson will play the fiance or girlfriend of one of these friends, the main one I believe. If I understood her correctly, most of the show will take place in 2005, and the use of the old man telling about his past will be mainly done with some narration, maybe a short scene at the beginning before flashing back...but the show will mostly take place in 2005 when the 3 friends were all much younger. I picture it something like the movie "Little Big Man" with Dustin Hoffman if any of you remember that movie. Dustin was the old man telling about his life, and most of the movie flashed back to his younger years. That’s the best I can do to explain it".

Carter Bays and Craig Thomas ("American Dad," "Method & Red") will pen the pilot, with Josh Radnor co-starring.

What this means for future appearances from Hannigan on "Veronica Mars" - they were talking regular at one stage - is yet to be seen.

Carlyle


Alyson Hannigan latest project

Post 3

Carlyle Ferris

Alyson Hannigan - ’How I Met Your Mother’ Pilot - Development Update
From Thefutoncritic.com - 2005-03-14th

HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER (CBS) - Neil Patrick Harris ("Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle") and Jason Segel ("Freaks and Geeks") have both joined the cast of the comedy pilot, about the exploits of a single man (Josh Radnor), as told through his own eyes 20 years later. They’ll play Barney and Marshall respectively in the 20th Century Fox Television-based project, which also stars Alyson Hannigan. Carter Bays, Craig Thomas and Rob Greenberg are the executive producers.


I have to say...I have never heard of any of them!

C


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more