Cafe in Spain

0 Conversations

The cafe in Spain is part of the culture, like anywhere else. Some consider even more than anywhere else.
However, people in Spain don't drink cafe, they "take" it: "tomar un cafe" is how they express it.
What cafe do they serve?
The offered kinds of cafe are distinguished by its contents of milk.
(Scientifically expressed: the range of cafe shows a gradient of milk,
or, the milk's series' expansion of cafe)


CON HIELO
You get two things. A glass with ice cubes and a cup of cafe (espresso).
Fill some sugar to the cafe and fill it over the cubes into the glass.
Stirr it a bit, it looks cool and makes the cafe the to become the same meanwhile.
If it's cold enough, drink, errrh... take it.
It is truely refreshing!


SOLO
It's pure espresso.
And they have nothing but the espresso.
By the quantity they take daily, if you're joining them, your stomach will show
its honest thankfulness that it's espresso.


CORTADO ("cut")
It's cafe with a little bit of milk. Still served in an espresso cup (or glass).


CON LECHE
Served in an usual cafe cup, it's an espresso filled up with steamed milk.
It reminds Italians of their Capuccino. But it's without chocolate.


LECHE MANCHADO
The cup is full of milk, and receives a spot (mancha) of cafe.
It's a (cafe-) spotted milk.


With or without sugar?
There are no rules. But if you want to keep concentrated in Spain, especially in the summer, you have to add a bit.
Don't worry, the heat will make your cells burn all the carbonhydrates!

Tomamos un cafe?

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A372728

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more