Unity in Year 2000

1 Conversation

On Friday June 9, 2000, there was a Confirmation Ceremony in the German Church in Tehran, Iran.

This ceremony was very special, not only because of the number of Confirmants were much higher than usual (6), but because it was a joint Protestant-Catholic ceremony.

It was short and sweet (not lastly because of the stiffling heat in the church), and compared with ceremonies held in Christian it was probably a little colorless, but the sermon (by the German Minister) was interesting.

When the ceremony was over the Catholic Priest (who understands very little German and holds mass in English) said that he had counted 9 languages in the congregation; but that all present spoke with the same language of love and faith.

This has been the first time such a ceremony has been held in Iran, it was probably the first in the world in the new millenium, maybe even the first in History...

The Priest and the Minister are very proud of their cooperation (they make a good team too...)


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A359840

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more