How to Deal with Bad Museum Tour Guides

0 Conversations

Museum Tour Guides, are the people who, to put in simply, guide museum tours.There are bad ones and there are good ones. This entry will be on the bad ones, so all following refrences to 'museum tour guides' really means 'bad museum tour guides'.

Who they tend to be.

Museum tour guides, tend to be volenteers. They also tend to be people who don't know as much as they should know. They tend to have the belief that they are experts on their subject,* When in truth, most of the time they aren't, but that doesn't stop them from telling false, vague, or obivious* information.

How to deal with them

Were, yes they are anoying, hitting them or any type of violence is not suggested. I suggest you either:

A. Keep quite. Being silent and just snicker to your self is a good option. Because, you can attempt to learn, which is possible, or you can just have a good. As long as you keep to your self.

B. Try to inform the guide of they're inaccuracies. With some guides1you might be able to catch up with them and ask them a question, or in this case tell them what they got wrong.

Final Warings or Thoughts

If you come across a guide that isn't too good, then I suggest that you try not to be rude. This is good advice for most situations anyway. The guide will not listen to you if you tell them:

'Hey Moron, [insert fact here]'

In fact if you come to them and inform them of what was wrong about it, they will probaly listen to you with much more interest.

1Mostly art guides. Guides at historical locations tend to run faster

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A3597960

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more