Psychology

1 Conversation

Human beings have an innate ability to not leave well enough alone. This often has it's advantages, at least for the person who happens to be the active participant. The person, place, thing, or idea that was just walking (running, swimming, squelching, tromping through dimensional barriers etc...) may have a very different view on the subject. Psychology is one of the ultimate examples of this concept. When two young humans (males most likely) encounter each other they will immedeately attempt to discover (or creatively hypothesize as the case may be) exactly what is wrong with the other in any sense of the word. If no problematic tension exists, then the two will hurry themselves along in the quest to MAKE some. Physical conflict is not always the first resort, but it is one of the more likely ones, due to the amazing ease with which it creates, and then resolves the question of who is better.

Eventually, someone (a mister Sigmund Freud is a likely suspect) began complaining that perhaps we should stop hitting each other for a few moments and figure out why everyone wanted to go about hitting everyone else all day when they could be lounging about having a nice little daydream about their mother...I mean wife. This immedeately made people very suspicious, as this is a natural human response to anything that makes them want to stop hitting other things. But for one reason or another, the idea caught on. Now people could be mean and nasty to each other with no fear of physical retaliation. What's more, they could even make a profession out of finding fault with others and make pretty good money at it.


Of course, this has nothing to do with self exploration, Understanding Human Nature, Philosophy, or the Quest for the Ultimate Truth... So in general, nothing to do with psychology, but "or at least wildly innacurate" and all that. And if you disagree with me, you obviously must be insane. And if you disagree with that, we can just start hitting each other.


*)

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A347933

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more