What Mathematics Are Worth to Society and What They Are Therefore Worth To Us

1 Conversation

I think we should study mathematics to conform society in a way that will modify the world in a better way. For one, the more people who are of great value to society will be of great value to not only to society, but the environment around us and away from us. We should study mathematics to be able to learn more about ourselves and what’s around us, and to be able to create immense advances in technology year by year. An example of this would be Bill Gates, being an incredible math genius, is the richest being on the face of the Earth and possibly the whole solar system, for that matter, all because he used his nerdy brain to own his own computer company, which has proved to be an incredible help to even more advancements in technology.

“What Society pays you for your services is what you’re worth to Society.” – Dr. Johnson

Of course, there is a minimum level of math required to be of use to society: calculus. If you learn calculus, you can have it all, and you can have it all because you’ll be able to get a job that Society needs you for and will pay you a lot for. It is a proven fact that calculus is the minimum level required.

I also think we should study mathematics to gain a feeling of reason and responsibility to ourselves and of course to Society. We need a language that is easy to compute with, not only with ourselves but with the entire universe.

Math—an everyday basic—is not only just numbers and simple yet surprisingly complex formulas, but a literally universal language that is essential to everything, put plain and simple and without going into so much detail as to hold another lecture about it again. Therefore, the more advanced math we know the more we’re worth to Society, and the more we’re worth to Society the more we’re worth to everything else, and that is only a brief theory of why I think everyone should study mathematics.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A3423269

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more