The Eye Of The Beholder

0 Conversations

Welcome to the Eye of the Beholder project. Now, as we are all aware, there is far, far more to life than appearances. However, many people still fret over what looks good. There are also many occasions where you want to look your best anyway, for example at a party. What to wear, what makeup to use, how to avoid looking straight *... It can all get a bit confusing.

Books and magazines are of course no help, for two reasons. For one thing, they are written by professional beauticians, stylists, etc with absolutely no grasp of how actual human beings might dress, or what resources they have access to. Secondly, they are often written by people of the same sex as the target audience, which is illogical, since looking good is ultimately about making yourself pleasing to the eyes of the opposite sex *

That is the reason this project was started. What we do is get people to talk about what really makes the sex to which they are attracted actually look good, as opposed to what stylists and popular culture at large define to be attractive. So just join in the main thread with your own tips, or alternatively, start a new one.

The idea here is that submissions will be published regularly in the post. This project has not yet been put before the post team, as I want to get a fair bit of material first. For this reason, it is preferred that submissions be in column/article style, though we will accept anything, however long, provided it is reasonable and/or funny. You can write as much or as little as you like - either talk about the whole body in general terms, or go on at great length as to the ideal earring for the left ear at a formal dinner party with seven other guests and hosted by a woman named Jane. It's all good.

Preferably, when this thing starts being published, it will do male and female tips on alternate weeks. To start off, I would like to have a piece on general female beauty the first week, followed by a piece on general male beauty the next. So if you are a woman, please tell us what a man can do to look his best. Don't worry if you can't, as here, anything goes. There is also no problem with more than one person writing about the same thing - different points of view are, after all, what makes life worth living. *


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A3409229

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more