Lothar, the Storm in 1999 and the southwest of Germany

0 Conversations

Lothar und der Südwesten der Republik heute

Lothar and the Southwest of the Republic today

This article is in englisch and in german. So all non-deutschies, just go down a little further.

Zur Zeit ist das Wandern eine Katastrophe. Ich hatte neulich den Versuch gemacht eine längere Strecke zu bewältigen, was sich als sehr schwer erwiesen hat.

Angefangen hat es als am 26.12.99 der Sturm Lothar sich über uns her machte. Wir haben in Folge eine 33-stündigen Stromausfall gehabt und es schätzen gelernt, dass unsere Vermieterin noch ihren alten Holzherd besaß, mit dem sie in den fünfziger Jahren ihren ersten Haushalt bestritten hat.

Heute wird geräumt und geschafft. Auf meinen Fahrten durch den Landkreis sehe ich immer wieder grössere Aufhäufungen an Baumstämme, die beriselt werden müssen. Die Mengen sind zum Teil imposant.

Für Sturmturisten in der Region Karlsruhe sind vor allem zu empfehlen:

Der Wattkopf bei Ettlingen

Die Strecke von Baden-Baden nach Gernsbach.

Wenn jemand noch weitere Tips hat...

At the moment walking is a catastrophy. I have been trying to do a longer hike latly, which prooved quite difficult.

It started all on the 26th of December 1999 as the storm "Lothar" fell into the south-west. We had a thirtythree hours powercut and got to cherish the fact that our landlady still had her first woodpowered stove, that she still had from the 1950ies.

Today they are very much cleaning up the area. Driving through the county you can see piles of wood being sprinkeld. Sometimes there are realy impressing amounts of wood.

For "Storm-Lothar-Tourists" the following sites around Karlsruhe are a must:

The Wattkopf near Ettlingen

The streth from Baden-Baden to Gernsach.

For any further suggestions...

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A324299

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more