A Conversation for Talking Point: Has Reality TV Gone Too Far?

Cranking it up and the search for viewers.

Post 1

the third man(temporary armistice)n strike)

I watched some of the all the series of Big Brother. It reminds me of my time as a student, bored people sitting around the Junior Common Room with nothing to do but talk endlessly about nothing particularly interesting. However, as viewing figures in subsequent series began to fall the show's producers began to introduce ploys to deliberately crank up the tension and the conflict. They put people in the house who they anticipated would not get along, divided the house into have and have-nots and so on. The challenges became easy in order for them to gain more alcohol to invite either violence, sex or both. Of course in the end they got sex and a brawl that needed the intervention of security staff and the involvement of the Police.
If the trend continues they will eventually end up with a bunch of agitated teenagers with cocaine and machine guns around the place.


Key: Complain about this post

Cranking it up and the search for viewers.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more