A Conversation for h2g2's Virtual First Birthday Party.

Live Chatting?

Post 1

Drewpy

How would ou like to embed my live chat engine, Abi - look in your e-mail inbox for the code and details.


Live Chatting?

Post 2

Drewpy

Or of course you could link to the article the Lounge at
A309287 Happy Chatting smiley - smiley


Live Chatting?

Post 3

Bruce

My preference is that the chat threads be preserved for posterity - I like the h2g2 forums smiley - smiley

;^)#


Live Chatting?

Post 4

Researcher Madam jáam

I love the idea of "live chat", but the old style Forums are great too! So why can't h2g2 have both? It makes sense, something for everyone ~ and everything for those others out there like me! (I'm not alone am I?)


Live Chatting?

Post 5

Drewpy

the h2g2 server will also be soooo sssslllloooowwww with loads of people adding and reading the forums then the lounge can help. Also I prefer live chat and so do others. But the Lounge will also contain Forum Threads for those like yourself who prefer them.


Live Chatting?

Post 6

Oscar

since you can only post to forums when you're logged on theres no reason why forums and some live chat program shouldn't be completely married.

apart from the fact we have a zillion other things to do...

watch this space though smiley - smiley
or that one over there... look... no, in the corner



Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more