A Conversation for New name for Peta's Picks

Peta's Pecks? I always thought they were Peta's Picks :-)

Post 1

Researcher 99947

Oh well smiley - winkeye

Well, when one thinks of Peta's Picks one thinks of worldly advice, nagging questions, group collaborations, human interest and fun, hoopy places to hang out.

That is tough to surmise in one great wallop of a name. I imagine you want something short and snappy, something to get people's attention. When people first get to the guide they get the whole thing about Mark being the editor, not spitting, and the fact that they are all about to join in on a collaboration, as researchers, of a guide to Earth.

It would be really simple to call it "The Guide" but we already have one of those, don't we? Hmmmm.... Alternatively, we could have "The View" as in a reference to important things to us researchers, etc. but I think that would count as copyright infringement, and I imagine h2g2 would get a lot of flack for that. This is quite difficult. I rather fancied Peta's Picks.

I would just go about calling it "A Guide to the Guide." I don't expect to win a T-shirt for something so boring, but it is thought out. There are few ways to describe Peta's Picks without a rather lengthy paragraph attatched to the name. Ho hum

sporky, who has rarely typed so much


Peta's Pecks? I always thought they were Peta's Picks :-)

Post 2

Peta

The View couldn't be copyright - because it's a commonly used word and not a tradename. That's as far as I know, I can check it out with our lawyer though. Thanks for the thoughts Sporky. Valid points, it'll help me to decide... smiley - smiley


Peta's Pecks? I always thought they were Peta's Picks :-)

Post 3

Researcher 99947

But it is a registered trademark, I believe...


Key: Complain about this post

Peta's Pecks? I always thought they were Peta's Picks :-)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more