Drunken brawling.

0 Conversations

One the most popular British pastimes,drunken brawling is the closest thing the Brits have to a martial art.A combination of amateur boxing and wrestling is involed,all aided varied quantities of various alcoholic drinks.
Unlike other martial arts drunken brawling can take place at any place and at any time,although it most commonly occurs outside the pub,usually between 11:15-11:45 at night.
There is a set proceedure by which a bout is initiated.It goes something like this:
1. contestents drink the maximum tolerable amount of alcohol..and then some.
2. Two contestents will find each others gaze.This tells the other,"I am a contender and am ready."
3. The match is confirmed verbally with one of the following prases:
a.Are you staring at me?
b.Are you staring at my girl/boyfriend/bird/bloke/missus*
c.Did you spill my pint?
Extra credit can be gained here in the form of freestyle phrasing.This can envolve combination of the above phrases or,if creatively minded,entirely new ones.The most original I've heard is"Have you seen my Astra?"
4. One invites the other to step outside.
The contenders then proceed to the place of battle and begin to violently beat each in any way that they are able to.
A bout ends when either:
a. One of the contenders is beaten into submission/unconcious.
b. Both are incapacitated.
c. The match is called due outside intervention(the police turn up).
Unlike most contests drunken brawling is about pride.There are no great rewards or prizes except that of impressing your colleagues.
*Any slang alternative for spouse.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A302400

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more