ZZ Top

2 Conversations

A little old band from Texas that have toured their world since the dawn of time. They could be thought of as the American answer to Status Quo with the redeeming feature of them being slightly mad.

They can easily be spotted by the fact they have beards, apart from the drummer who is called Beard. They started growing them and refused to get them trimmed until they had their first hit. Then they kept them at the same length.

Over the years ZZ Top have played places all over Texas, then they became big when they had MTV videos for Gimme All Your Lovin', Legs, and Sharp Dressed Man. They performed the music for Back To The Future and then disappeared from the face of the planet.

As the rock legends that they are, you will want to know what their songs are about... Well, to take an example, from Give It Up: -

There's a few more things you need to know about me,
I chase chickens single handedly,
I invented see-through negligee,
And I park a flying saucer on the Presley Estate.

Although the words might not be correct, that is approximatly what it sounds like.

Due to slang in the UK and America I cannot say a quote from the Legs song.

The important thing about there songs are they are simple and have great amounts of guitar fiddling. It also needs to be pointed that they cover a lot of Elvis songs.

The most recommended of their albums is the Greatest Hits collection (as seen in Jukeboxes all over the world). This has a good cross section of their music. Their latest album, XXX, is a bit odd but well worth a listen too.

Their homepage is:-

www.ZZTop.com

The last and most important thing to bear in mind is that they have a sense of humour. They want to be the first band to play in outer space.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A299423

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more