Indiana Jones Trilogy

1 Conversation


Originally just an idea that George Lucas (the mind behind the Star Wars Saga) had, he and Steven Speilberg joined up to create Indiana Jones, after Steven admitted that he wanted to do a bond film. They originally cast Tom Selleck as the whip-wielding archaeologist, but he couldn't do it as he had a contract for a TV show.
After seeing Harrison Ford in "The Empire Strikes back" (a Star Wars Film), Steven Spielberg cast him, and now he can't think off anyone better to take on the role. Indiana Jones played a big part of Harrison Ford's success story (Star Wars really started his career), and before that he had had a few minor roles, and worked as a carpenter.

Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981):


"Indiana Jones (Harrison Ford) is sent to find the lost Ark of the Covenant by government officials before the Nazi's do. An old girlfriend called Marion Ravenwood (Karen Allen) joins him, but as the story continues it seems that the Germans have the upper hand."
Arguably the best in the trilogy, Raiders was exciting and yet had a strong religeos angle. The introduction was perfect, and now the great "Rolling boulder" sequence has a place in movie history.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1984):


"Indiana Jones finds himself in India, with his young assistant, Short Round (Ke Huy Quan)" and night-club songbird Willie Scott (Kate Capshaw). They are sent on a quest to find the legendary Sancara Stones, and free the thousands of children enslaved in the fortress-like-mine by an Evil cult."
They darkest of the trilogy, but sadly the weakest, as it relies too much on violence, and Willie Scott is just to damn annoying (Jar-Jar synodrome no doubt.) This is the prequel to Raiders, and was designed to give an insight into the Indiana Jones Character.

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989):


"This time, Indiana Jones is sent to find his kidnapped father (Sean Connery), and inadvertently starts a race against time to find the Holy Grail before the nazi's do."
This is my personal favourite, as the father-son chemistry between Indy and his father was realistic and heart-warming. The outside-the-movie irony is that Sean Connery played the original James Bond, and the fact that Steven Speilberg wanted to do a bond film had started the Indiana Jones movies.

Music

The Music was composed by John Williams, the brilliant man behind the music for the Superman films, Jaws, and the Star Wars trilogy. The Indiana Jones music is so famous that if you whistle it in public, people will either hum along, or just instantly recognise it.



A script for a new Indiana Jones film is being created, and Steven Speilberg and George Lucas have both said in public that there will be another one, and it’s coming soon. Many people are very sceptical, as Harrison Ford is nearing his Sixties.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A298613

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more