The Toilet

0 Conversations

The common toilet was very different to the facilities we use today. Rather than a sensible attachment on the side for men, the male of the species was expected to urinate from a height of three feet into a bowl of water.


Add to the intrinsic accuracy problem the simple tenet that the male penis is squishy - well known for it in fact. So, essentially, the male was expected to part with fairly large volumes of liquid into a small area pumping it through a squishy hosepipe with an optional outer skin attachment at no extra charge.


After the would-be Robin Hood has had a chance to spread his bodily waste over a large area other patrons (Particularly Females) were expected to sit down on the previous mini waterfall site. Variations on this theme include particularly sadistic French toilets which were used in public areas. The doors of these would open in a time delay - ostensibly in case:-


1) The user was ill and needed help
2) The user was taking too much time of bodily functions, thus selfishly stealing the facilities from other would be patrons.
3) The user was busy with more carnal occupations - in which case everyone should be allowed to see.

Another type of French toilet involves squatting over a hole in the floor - a la 18th Century. Or the self flushing toilet floor. This has actually been used as a torture method on totally unrelated planets.
Another type of French toilet involves squatting over a hole in the floor - a la 18th Century. Or the self flushing toilet floor. This has actually been used as a torture method on totally unrelated planets.

There is really no need to wonder why 50% of the time humor was bathroom related.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A28919

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more