Chocolate Cupcakes

0 Conversations

Chocolate cupcakes are great! You have chocolate cake that is small and easy to carry. Of course, Chocolate has to be the best kind of cupcake! Put on chocolate icing and a smartie and its even better! You can get chocolate cupcake mixes, or just make them from scratch. Whichever way you choose, it will taste GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!
There is one disadvantage of cupcakes. If the cupcakes are for a birthday, you can only fit about 5 candles on it, so anyone older will just have to pretend they are turning five when really they are turning 42!

P.S.You notice that most of the sentences end with an exclamation mark. That is because chocolate is an exciting topic!

More Chocolate Stuff

A Recipe for Chocolate Cupcakes:
3 cups All Purpose Flour 750 mL
2 cups sugar 500 mL
1/2 cup cocoa 125 mL
2 tsp baking soda 10 mL
1 tsp salt 5 mL
2 cups water 500 mL
1 cup oil 250 mL
2 tsp vanilla 10 mL
2 tsp vinegar 10 mL

Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt in large mixer bowl.
Add water, oil, vinegar and vanilla.
Beat with electric mixer at medium speed 1/2 minute or just until blended.
Spoon batter into greased or paper-lined muffin cups, filling 3/4 full.
Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 15 to 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Remove from pans; cool.
Frost and decorate as desired.
For more recipes, visit
www.robinhood.ca/recipe


The History of Chocolate
Chocolate comes from the cacao tree.The cacao tree isa native of central and South America. Now it is cultivated around the equator and can be found in the Carribean, Africa, South-East Asia, the South Pacific Islands of Samoa and New Guinea. The most common type of cacao tree is the Forastero cacao tree which accounts for most of the worlds production of cacao beans and CHOCOLATE!
Christopher Columbus was the first European to come in contact with cacao. On August 15, 1502, on his last voyage to the Americas, Columbus and his crew encountered a large dugout near an island off the coast of what is now Honduras . The canoe was the largest native vessel the Spaniards had seen. It was "as long as a galley" and was filled with local goods for trade-including cacao beans. Columbus had his crew seize the vessel and its goods, and retained its skipper as his guide.
Later, Columbus' son Ferdinand wrote about the encounter.He was struck by how much value the Native Americans placed on cacao beans, saying:
"They seemed to hold these almonds(referring to the cacao beans) at a great price; for when they were brought on board the ship together with their goods, I observed that when any of these almonds fell, they all stooped as if an eye had fallen."
What Ferdinand didn't know was that cacao beans were the local currency.
For more information,check out
www.exploratorium.edu/chocolate


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A2880579

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more