The (almost) Complete Biography of Zaphod Beeblebrox

1 Conversation

Parents

Zaphod Beeblebrox's1 parentage is a little difficult to explain. His mother is Mrs. Alice Beeblebrox (of 10 to the 8th Astrel Cresent, Zoovrooselchester, Beeteljuz 5), while his father is Zaphod Beeblebrox the second. 2


Time as Galactic President

It is not generally known exactly when Zaphod became president,3 but what is known is that he became it as part of a plan, made up by a group consisting of Zaphod, Rooster and Zarniwoop, to find out who the person making all the decisions behind the President's back.

The Plan aws as follows: Zaphod was to forget everything about the plan 4, become president, then steal the first Improbability Drive ship. He would then bring this into the Universe that had been created in Zarnewoop's office (on the 5th floor of the Hitch-Hickers Guide offices, Ursia Minor Beta), so that they could find the man.

1 All info for this entry comes from the 3rd edition of the general galaxy version of the Hitch-Hicker's Guide to the Galaxy.2 This was due to an accident with a contraceptive and a time machine, but Zaphod refuses to go into any more detail about this.3His full title was 'President of the Imperial Galactic Senate' (the term Imperial is kept, but it is now just for effect. The Emperor is nearly dead, and has been for about a millenia. Just before he died he was, much to his imperial irritation, locked in a stasis field. All his heirs are now dead.)4This is because the applicant's brain(s) are screened before giving them the Presidential job.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A282241

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

References

h2g2 Entries

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more