Kit Cars

0 Conversations

If anyone out there was wondering what one of these things was I'll explain.

A kit car is just about anything you want it to be, there is a massive variety of kits available, from sports cars that look and go like a group 'c' race car (check out Ultima cars), to little funny things with three wheels and an engine the size of a matchbox. There are cars of alsorts in between, futuristic, nostalgic, 4x4, grandtourers, and replicas of famous marques.

There are several ways of getting one of these, these...vehicles.
You can buy a kit and build it yourself. Some kit manufacturers will supply all the parts, or you can buy just the bare kit, and finish it off with an engine, and other bits that you find yourself in scrapyards, your mums car, the classified section of the local paper. The end result is something you built and can be proud of (or hide in the garage out of sight of sensible people).
Or you can ask someone else to build it for you, and pay them a heap of money.
Or you could just buy a kit car from the multitude advertised for sale. Some people just love building the things, and then only drive them a short distnce before the urge to build another one overwhelms them, and they have to sell that lovely shiny car to make room and raise cash. This option is an excellent plan, as these people spend a fortune building the car, and then sell it on for far less than the cost of the parts alone!
However you get one there great fun and a lot different from the clones on offer from the big car makers.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A273665

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more