Breathing: The most sensuous artform

0 Conversations

Breathing.

Humans do it every day, generally without any thought about it at all. And it is one of the furthest things from the minds of most people. Yet, it is one of the most enjoyable and wonderful forms of contact that two (or more) people can enjoy.

The method of the breath is the key to making it such a thrilling experience. The location of where the breath is executed is very important. It should be a sensitive patch of skin with short, fine hairs. This is usually best accomplished on the back of the knee, the inside thigh close to the groin, the upper belly up to the neck, the small of the back, the crook of the elbow and particularly the back of the neck. The thicker the hair, the harder the breath needs to be to move them and the less control in the effect. An absence of hair lacks the subtle sensation the hair's movement brings.

The breath should be made with the mouth open wide with relaxed lips and close to the skin without touching. It should be near silent, soft and long, lightly moving the fine hairs and gently warming the skin but it shouldn't tickle. It should be felt like a soft cotton ball being lightly pressed against the skin as opposed to a gust of wind.

The breath should not be repeated in the same place immediately. One of the more pleasant effects of heat of the breath is a light cooling of the skin in its absence and the goosebumps caused by this.

A quick note on hygiene: Two things in particular can make the breath a negative experience. First, bad breath can cause the recipient to be discomforted. This is easily solved by use of various mints, herbs, liquids, etc., that are designed to cloak or remove bad breath. Second, as this is a form of human contact, one shouldn't perform a breath if one has a contagious illness.

The breath is an easy and useful expression of emotion, contentment and pleasure. It can bring enjoyment in many ways to people of all ages. It also has the added benefit of keeping us alive :-)

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A267851

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more