Disability hate crimes.......the latest new hobby!!???

1 Conversation

You know that new add on the telly for "How gay are you?", the guy starts off with a comment on the sudden upsurgence of men showing off their more feminine side???

Well, my question for you all is............

"how aware are you of the level of discrimination against people with any sort of disability within your own environment?"

Has anybody noticed recently that disabled people seem to be getting the brunt of a lot of other peoples' anger or frustration???

BBC Newsline featured an article on Friday 21st. May 2004 about how the authorities now wish to have "disability hate crimes" taken under the discrimination side of our legal system, and about time too!!!

Those people who have been victims of sectarian, religious, race, or sexual discrimination seem to have been the only victims worthy of note until now and I, for one, am glad that someone has finally noticed thatboth physically and mentally disabled people have feelings and fears too!!!

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A2667549

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more