A Conversation for 5th Birthday Greetings from The Post

Happy birthday hootoo

Post 1

egon

and, to blatantly cut and paste my reminiscences from another threadf on the subject:

"I've been here quite a while now. August of 2000 i think i registered, although i disappeared a bit after rupert, and only started using the site rgularly in, I suppoose it must've been late 2001.

My memories of my early days here revolve around the Drinks Cabinet and Foxy Manor, and I met such fascinating people as Mina, Kasia, Goof Lithium and Pandora.

It''s the fact that they were so great which is the reason I came back, and more people I've met since have been just as good if not better. i finally went to meets last October (or was it November?) in Derby,a nd in january in london, I've written 48 Post columns, many with the assistance oif several aka Random,a nd some with the assistance of Demon Drawer, KuReshtin, Master B, Alfredo Marquez and Psycorps.

I have four solo and two collaborative entries in the edited guide. I also ran three seasons of the resident fantasy football competition, following Gedge before passing the baton on to the fantastic GreyDesk.

The places I hang about in h2g2- Ask, the Forum, the Virtual Supporter's Club- are enjoyable, sometimes entertaining, sometimes thought-provoking places. The people on my friends list are people who just play a part in my enjoyment of this site.

What I'm trying to say, in my roundabout and slightly tipsy way, is I love this site, and I must congratulate and thank the editorial staff and pretty much every damn user the site's had for making it what it is, and what it has been."


Key: Complain about this post

Happy birthday hootoo

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more