Mind Pollution

0 Conversations

Mind pollution n. The syndrome resulting of failure to practice mental hygiëne; indoctrination; the dumping of mental excesses in the cognitive environment.

How to practice mental hygiëne

  • Stay alert of dangerously unrealistic memes.
  • Do not watch, or listen to, toothpaste commercials - ever.
  • If an idea sounds really great, and you wonder why you never thought of it, be very careful. Repeat it in different words for at least 3 times, and see if it still sounds as rational.
  • Laugh insanely, or frown, while watching CNN. Remember, any really important world issue won't show up there.
  • Trust only very drunk people. The romans did.
  • Try not to be paranoïd - even if a secret conspiracy does exist, it's far too clever to fight against. The only people that may destroy the world are the stupid ones.
  • Play chess. Do not Fake chess.

Education


Or indoctrination? No matter what, you will be manipulated in your life. What matters is how you feel about it. So choose to discover your own interests and schools of thought. The best teacher in the world is yourself. Talk to him - ask him. He may not know everything, but you may learn to value him. And selfrespect is the best education anyone can have.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A256448

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more