Chicken Burgers

0 Conversations

You haven't gone shopping for ages - it's been raining, or people are coming to visit, or you've been busy with something else - and now you have virtually no food left, just the odd thing in the freezer, milk, bread, butter and cooking ingredients. You can't go shopping until tomorrow. What do you do?

The normal person would probably eat bread and butter, maybe with a filling, or make some snack like foodstuff from the available ingredients.

The unnormal person (like....well, me) would experiment and make something they've never tried before. Like Chicken Burgers. And now I've experienced at first hand the horrors of Chicken Burgers, I feel it's me civic duty to warn others about them.

Basically, you get a load of minced chicken (I can't even remember where it came from, I just saw it in the freezer) add some bread crumbs (or just plain flour if you're an idiot like me) and use and egg to stick the whole thing together. You can also add salt, pepper, spices, miscellaneous green bits etc. to your mixture.

You then divide it up into how many burgers you want and shape them (shape them!? I just dumped them on the foil), and place them on a bit of foil on a tray.

You then leave them to cook.

If you're lucky they'll burn and you won't have to test the vile things.
If you're unlucky they'll cook and you can eat....them reguritate them. The really are disgusting. If they are the only things you have to eat, then try covering them in tomato ketchup. It doesn't make them nice but it does make them bearable. You can aslo try somethering the things in salt, though that isn't that great for your heart of general health.

The best advice is to just steer clear of Chicken Burgers in the first place and stick to normal, edible food.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A2507393

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more