Of chemistry, cats and lessons of life

1 Conversation

You know these burdening moods you sometimes get and when you feel like as if every bloody damn thing is going helplessly wrong? Like the Murphy's Law applying with all its resources? Well, that's what I had some while ago, and I felt like I couldn't even screw things up properly if I tried.

It sneaked at me as I made my attempt to study a bit for my chemistry exam, and it really didn't seem to work out at all. I stupidly browsed the pages I felt like every single thing I tried to learn drained out of my brains as I read via my ears.

As visions of atoms and equations ran before my blurred eyes, I violently slammed the book shut and walked out ot the balcony to let some extra steam out. There, as I enjoyed of the the feeling of a cool evening breeze blow gently at my exhausted face, I started to shiver. Right before turning back inside, I noticed a rat eating the neighbor's cat at my backyard. The fact that I saw nothing even slightly resembling ambivalence in this entire scene, only mirrored my ability of logical thinking and state of mind, and after realizing this I decoded not to think such minor matters as reason and logic. The reason which I think made that particular rat to do whatever it was doing at the moment was that Disney's mouse whatshisname, and cursed it to the lowest hell, blaming it of the inventing of some things as hideous as chemistry, politics and the Teletubbies. Then, after I was finished, I moved inside.

Putting the radio on didn't help, telling only news about Kosovo bombings and I felt like rather not having another tragedy to my life during the dame day, os I shut it the thing off. I put a Phil Collins CD in and went about my business. I took my notebook from my bag, gathered my thoughts for a short while, since there was almost nothing to gather anymore, and started to scribble something distantly akin to formulas.

I need not tell you what the result of all this was, but I assure you, that nothing makes me miserable these days, and it was a mental leap for me to see that I shouldn't try to take any mental leaps and that I should stand on the balcony more often. It is easier than chemistry.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A24436

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more