Plastics Are Poisonus (UG)

0 Conversations

Plastics Are Poisonous

Official UnderGuide Entry
A way of not using the credit card can be hard for those who are use to the plastic age, however it is true plastic cards are poisonous. In a study released last tuesday a Professor James Mandrake and expert in plastic research reveled that "Plastic can have toxic chemicals that come off in the hands, what is worse is that the stuff we have been wrapping lunch and leftovers in for years has been slowly killing us"


Plastics, according to new research done by Professor James Mandrake contain chemicals that slowly build up in the body. "These chemicals are poisonous to the human being and the more you build up the more likely you are to feel ill effects. And just touching the stuff can make you very ill after a while. If you ingest enough it is possible to die, but thats not likely. I stress that the risk of dieing is small, but the toxins will hurt you." The chemicals called Radical Plastic Over-wash is residue on the plastic item when it is made, it is also contained within the plastic itself.


"Radical Plastic Over-wash problems have been known for years it only now that we figured out that human beings could be at risk because of it" The professor said. His research shows that the problem has only existed in the last 7 years.


"All we have to do is be more careful in the preparation of plastics. 7 years ago scientists thought radical plastic over-wash wasn't a problem, now we know we are wrong." The previous processes in preparing plastics involved the removal of such plastics a time consuming and environmentally costly exercise. "We stopped due to the thinking that it was not necessary and therefore resource expenditure that wasn't necessary."


Investigations into the plastic industry has now shown that workers at plastic factories were not exposed to large amounts of the residue. "They were not exposed any more than most average people. A person using plastics with residue everyday for 300 consecutive days may require treatment but thats the extent of it." The paper investigated the possible symptoms of the residue and how it may effect the average user. "Most people won't need treatment, the residue only stays on new products. With todays sanitation many people would have washed the residue off and never know it was there. Ingestion is necessary for the toxins in the plastic to cause ill effect"


Legal concerns are now rattling the plastic industries. "People may see this as a chance to attack the plastics industry. Its not what we want at all, those who are not due compensation will not receive any, but it may be difficult for us to prove that compensation is not due. Actual damage will have to be proven, but the damage to our credibility will be enormous. People will want to buy products that are RPO free." A spokesperson from the Plastics Industry Ombudsman said.


Footstool Industries Incorporated has already received notice of a class suit been put into the courts. "We are admit that this will be hard for us to deal with, but I can't make any comments on the case itself." Said a spokesman from the company. The lawyers from the class act were quoted as staying:


"[the] Ombudsman for the industry is wrong. We must make sure that the workers get there due compensation from this. They have been contaminated and we have no idea how much income they will lose. This is a cock up the industry should have made research into the removal of the process to remove RPO instead of just cutting costs as usual."


Other commentators were the environmentalists who were admit that that industry should have removed RPO and done research into a way of doing so that was not so costly to the resources and environment of the planet.


Lastly the RPO contaminated products have been recalled and it should be noted that only certain plastics are contaminated and only for a short time. The toxin need a large amount to cause any ill effects and must be ingested.


Stocks in plastic products have fallen by 12% since the report was issued.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A2442539

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more