Phobos and Deimos

1 Conversation

An entire page devoted to the two very worst satallites in the whole Galaxy. Phobos belongs to Mars, it is very small and it's basically a big peanut in space. It has a twin that is just as bad, and this is called Deimos. It is also a big peanut in space. The other moons in our Solar System, such as Titan and Triton and Europa are all big, spectacular affairs that are the subject of much media speculation and glamorous visits by space probes, but Phobos and Deimos are simply ignored. The few missions that vaguely involve these two moons are basically desperate attempts to prove that they aren't moons after all and are merely captured asteroids, because every scientist in the Galaxy considers them to be nothing more than embarrassments to the satellite fraternity. We, however, rather like them.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A24355

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more