ifirantheworld

2 Conversations




This topic is my favorite discussion. i started it at molten mag about 8 years ago when they had a section for any of us to start an interactive page. It was very popular and had some very witty bopadish like entries. It is defunct now and the url ifirantheworld was bought by a weird internet business type of thingy. So i have been trying to get this discussion out again ever since. i will start it out with a few of my own ideas so you can see kinda how it goes.






I'd like to say that i designed this to JUST be input from everyone on what you would do if you ran the world or were put in charge or however you want to say it. You know... something comes to your attention that isnt quite right and you go "maaaan... if I ran the world... etc etc" and, because you're just talking with your friends, the howtos dont have to be worked out... it's just the thing you would do and we will figure out how later!! smiley - biggrin



i thought of this project when i realised that too often we don't even say the stuff we think of because we are too concerned with how to make it happen. This is just a fun way to get those ideas out into the light! The funny thing we noticed when it was on the internet before is that it was amusingly cathartic. And thought provoking. And hopeful. And alot of laughter was involved.... whimsical perhaps even laughable...





but with a sense of "rightness" that might make the rest of us go "haha!! ...riiiiight! ...oh ...hmm ...well ...hey yeah ...you know... that just might work!" smiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - smileysmiley - space

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A22851065

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more