Microsoft

1 Conversation

What is there to say? Quite possibly the world's most awful company.

For a moment, consider M$ next to a drug dealer:


Microsoft: wants you to buy all of their products.
Drug Dealer: wants you to buy all of their products.

Microsoft: Refers to clients as "users."
Drug Dealer: Refers to clients as "users."

Microsoft: Forces said users to spend lots of money on things that will ruin their lives. (Or at least make them miserable.)
Drug Dealer: Forces said users to spend lots of money on things that will ruin their lives. (Or at least make them miserable.)

Microsoft: Wants to get product on every desk.
Drug Dealer: Wants to get product on every desk.

Microsoft: Uses secret words: "code" "alpha" "beta" "stable"
Drug Dealer: Uses secret words: "mostly harmless" "harmless" "deadly."


Beginning to see the similarities? M$ got lucky that users bought Windows 3.1. They'd heard all the hype about Win95, so of course, they had to rush out and buy it. Result? 90% (conservative) of users couldn't run it (satisfactorally) on their hardware. The software was incredibly unstable, crashed often, didn't work, and just generally wasn't cool. When Win98 came out, what else could they do? Continue trying to use the same crash-happy software? No, they had to get the bugfix... and new OS. Well, 98 isn't all that stable either. Of course, Windows 2000 will be out soon and everyone will flock to that, I'm sure....

MicroSoft: A bunch of mindless jerks who will be the first against the wall when the revolution comes.**

** Note from the editor: We are currently looking for anyone willing to take over the post of technology correspondant.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Title
Latest Post

Entry

A223363

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more