Old Stuff

0 Conversations

it's been one of those weekends

It's almost ten. Do you think that I can find a man, bring him home and make some mad Fabio love before 9:30 tomorrow morning? - Liz makes me laugh

Awards I have won

Remember that scene in The Karate Kid when Danny finds Mr. Miyagi's medals stowed away in a box, and he offers to make a display case for them, and Mr. Miyagi explains that awards aren't meant to be displayed and all that? Well, I think that's crap. I am very, very proud of these and I am therefore hanging them on my virtual "wall".

My hoopy cat award from an apple tree:

the undeniably coolest award - for being supported by unfathomable amounts of evidence making obvious, without the need of prior reading, or a degree in hyperbolic typollogy (hmhey) that this young woman is the coolest young woman there god damn is

My Miami award from Amanda:

The "Crossing Guardest (Not To Mention The Bon Joviest)" Award - To Kate, who taught us that painful burns can be fetching and attractive.

just a mirror of a mirror of myself

Quad Erat Demonstratum. It's the snooty way of saying, "I'm really, really right and you're really, really wrong," and then thumbing your nose at them and making nasty farting noises. - Spartus, here.

robots in the sky

boy can madonna not dance, not even vaguely
- Ant, here.

Thank goodness for alcohol, and pain killers, in that order.
- Hypoman, here.

What kind of backwards, heathen planet wouldn't have couches?
- Neon Moone, here.

Propensity for breaking down completely at the inhumanity of it all is a plus.
- KM, here.

recommended reading

links, if you must go away

  • Witch-Wife by Edna St. Vincent Millay - descriptions are cool, you know?

you might need these

you probably won't need these, but I do

address book thingiefloor 42h2g2 sub-editorsTDV peoplealt.fan.douglas-adams peopleresearchers whose entries I have editedrandom people I'd like to remember to go back and visitrandom quote generator users


code (GuideML) | code (HTML)

find that quotation!

code (GuideML) . code (HTML)

raise a toast to your good looks and to my health

We all managed to find each other, which wasn't that difficult, because there was only one loud noisy group of peoople, saying things like 'Really nice to meet you at last Evil Giraffe..' - it kind of gives it away
- Peta, here.

links, if you must go away

It's just the way that you walk, like it ain't no thing

Also "there were lots of invitations, I know you sent me some"

it's that time again!

Amanda has set up a Christmas wish list, and something tells me she's going to get more than one Easy Bake Oven under the tree this year! Go make a wish, will you?

December 6th marked the official beginning of the h2g2 Post, which I think is one of the sharper ideas in recent memory. It turned out really well and it's definitely, definitely worth a look or twenty. Have fun!

in other news...

  • I think one of my split personalities might need some counseling.
  • It was time the dragon went home. I think he missed Krissy a lot. Although hopefully she won't need him anytime soon!
  • I'm very happy today because Frustreren thinks I'm a pleasant h2g2er. :-)

Becky's words of wisdom

My best friend Becky has just discovered h2g2! I'm going to quote her fantabulousness without even asking her..

"Trust me, there is such a thing as too much neked."
-her commentary on the show Naked Men Singing

"Do you think maybe we could put off the quickening and share in highlander status? Yes, everyone is coupling up, like it's spring and we're woodlin creatures or something. That damn DeBeers millennium commercial. Now I think that's just mean."

no I didn't really draw this

Okay, people, listen up. Here in the States it's almost Thanksgiving weekend. Tradition dictates that we list what we're thankful for. I've just had quite the time listing what I'm grateful about, and I'm interested to hear your lists. So come on, cough it up, and tell me what you're thankful for.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A220546

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more