Michael Schumacher

1 Conversation


Undoutably the most successful formula one driver in history, with 7 world championships, over 90 grand prix wins and over 50 pole positions, and over 200 grand prix starts in his 15 years as a formula one driver.


Schumacher began his f1 career in 1991 driving for jordan, in 1994,while driving for benneton Schumacher won his first world championship in the year of the death of the great Ayrton Senna, Schhumacher retained his championship in 1995,he then joined Ferrarri.


In 1999 he broke his leg at silverstone, in 2000 he ended Ferrarris 20 year championship drought by helping them to clinch both the drivers nd the constructors championships,thereby starting the golden years of Ferrarri, he retained his title in 2001,2002,2003 and 2004, i find it as an even greater achievement because this was the year in which his and Ralf Schumachers mother passed away,the previous record for world championship wins was 5 set by Juan Manueal Fanigo, but Schumacher raised it to 7, whn age took its toll in 2005 Schumacher finished third in the championship,behing Fernando Alonso and Kimi Raikonnen, in 2006 he put up a real fight against Fernando Alonso, though he won more races than Alonso in the season he finished second in the championship, he announced his retirement, and his last race was at Suzuka, Schumacher retains his great influence at Ferrarri, and has agreed to take up a post as Scouter, he tells Ferrarri of up and coming drivers.

This year in 2007 his seat at Ferrarri has been replaced by Kimi Raikonnen, many of the old crew, including Ross Brawn retired along with Schumacher, in my view Michael Schumacher was the greatest formula one driver of all time.


copyright-ravenites.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A21760959

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more