Ashes To Ashes

2 Conversations

Some killers are born. Some killers are made. And sometimes the origin of desire for homicide is lost in the tangle of roots that make an ugly childhood and a dangerous youth,so that no one may ever know if the urge was inbred or induced.

He lifts the body from the back of the Blazer like a roll of old carpet to be discarded. The sole of his boots scuff against the blacktop of the parking area, then fall nearly silent on the dead grass and hard ground. The night is balmy for November in Minneapolis. A swirling wind tosses fallen leaves.

He knows he falls into the last catagory of killers. He has spent many hours, days, months, years studying hng his complusion and its point of origin. He knows what he is, and he embraces that truth.

A broken shard of moon glares down on the scene, its light faint. He arranges the body to his satisfaction and traces two intersectingg X's over the left upper chest.

With a sense of ceremony, he pours the accelerent. Anointing the dead. Symbolism of evil. His true self embraces the concept of evil as power. Fuel for the internal fire.
"Ashes to ashes"
The sounds are ordered and specific, magnified by his excitement

Next

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A2143432

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

References

h2g2 Entries

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more