The British, Alcohol and Rugby. The Connection

2 Conversations

The British drink the most alcohol than any other race on the planet. Also we play some of the hardest games on the planet. Rugby, for example...
A game where essentially, you chase the man (or woman) who is carrying the inflated pig bladder. You chase him and he tries to run away and get the bladder across the line at the end of the pitch between a big H.
The Americans took this game, put on 30-35 lbs. of protection and called it "American Football". However, in England, we play it with nothing harder than a sheet of cotton between you and a football stud through the chest! They usually play this game before or after consuming large quantities of the afore mentioned alcohol.
So there you have it, The British, Alcohol and rugby (any sport in fact) are usually connected!

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A20584

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more