WebJam - an idea

1 Conversation

My inspiration for creating the WWJ (World wide Jam) here on H2G2 comes from an idea I had about 2 years ago. I have been working on the internet for about the past 4 years and I have been a musician for what seems forever! The Idea below is a BIG idea and if you know a way that it can happen please let me know as soon as possible as I want this to become reality, I'm just not sure how to make it happen.

I really do want this to become a reality, but if it's a reality I am not involved in I will take legal action!!!

The Idea

One day the thought occured to me that it might be possible in the near future to jam with people all over the world using the internet. A guitarist from the USA, a drummer from Japan, a bass player from Antarctica....... Imagine it.... Audio streaming and recording, you could even have a stand alone audio engineer in Australia working the levels.

But as we all know the internet at this stage couldn't support enough bandwidth to get CD quality. I thought about this problem for a while and came up with few alternatives for bandwidth. A stand alone network using satelite is the best and only way, which led me to the following ideas and the WebJam concept.

WebJam

WebJam is a recording label, recording studio and multimedia hub for musicians, artists, netgeeks and the beautiful people. Taking the form of a cafe, the WebJam Cafe a venue made for improvisation, art, good food, coffee and tea, of course I woudn't forget the tea. A place to meet people and a place to Jam ideas and creativity. Slowly spreading across the world the plan is to have a WebJam venue in every major city in every major country. During which we make enough money selling excellent music and tea to buy a stand alone satelite network. WebJam will have a web presence that reflects whole WebJam concept including online sales of our artists recorded inhouse, a musicians connection service, Art galleries, live streaming gigs and performances and lots more....

WebJam Cafe

The WebJam Cafe would need to be a custom built building. Housing a cafe and eating area, a stage and performance area, access to internet and mutimedia in a WebJam gallery and also a recording studio. We would record artists inhouse and provide live streaming video and/or audio of people jamming, recording or playing to a live audience in the performance area. There would be performances by WebJam artists and open stage sessions to encourage people to get up and play music, keeping it fresh and exciting. I imagine video screen walls giving us a live view of other WebJam cafes around the world, so it feels as if the rooms go on forever..... An endless cafe/venue that brings us all virtually a little closer.

That is all I am saying for now! I have already given away too much of my Idea..... If you want to suggest or discuss other Ideas let me know below. If you would like to help me make WebJam a reality visit me here danielt@adelaide


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Title
Latest Post

Entry

A199299

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more