Love, and where it takes us...

1 Conversation

Love is a well referenced emotion... sitting somewhere between the taste of an expensive chocolate and the dark, bitter feeling of an empty soul. But how many people have experienced love? Does one person's love feel the same as another's? Is it even possible for love to be defined?

The person I loved, wasn't the person I was able to get along with.

So, I discovered the hard way that love is not the fairytale ideal that Disney movies would have us believe. It's not an all-empowering emotion which enables us to cheat death and live happily ever after. Some would even say it's a pain in the keyster.

Today, love is no loger in my life. The person I am closest to is living in Canada, while I'm still stuck in New Zealand, trapped with the unresolved feelings I wasn't able to acknowledge while she was here. Pained, by knowing that there is nobody else that I've already met, who can make me feel the same way as she did.

The sun shines bleaker without her, birds aren't as cheerful, food fails to sweeten the tongue, and even the concept of sex is now uninspiring.

But all I have are these two hands, and hope in my heart. Hope that I will feel love again. Either for her, or another heavenly body descended into my depths to lift me brighter than before. One day.

Of that I can hope. And so hope, I shall.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Title
Latest Post

Entry

A1984322

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


References

h2g2 Entries

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more