College Food

2 Conversations

Mostly tasteless.

College food, to say it nicely, is not good. Actually, it is quite bad. The school cooks are among a unique group of people (which includes hospital cooks, and whoever makes the stuff they serve on airplanes) that has special capabilities which enable them to alter the physical and chemical properties of any food item that they encounter. A baked potato is transformed into a rock-like substance that, if the diner is able to break off a portion, tastes exactly unlike a baked potato. Before too long, the hacksaw will become a standard dining utensil.

These same cooks can do remarkable things with tofu. The stuff appears in virtually every dish, including, but not limited to gardenburgers, spaghetti and meatless balls, amd meatlessloaf. The tofu is exactly like the meat they serve, except it tastes like meat, and you don't have to saw it quite as much.






Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A197011

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more