South Africa:The Major Cities

0 Conversations

South Africa is a new country in the 90's after all the political turmuoil which ended in 1990.

There are a lot of stunning places to visit and see down south, and it truly is a stunning place to visit.

The 4 main cities are Johannesburg, Cape Town, Durban and Pretoria, although id give Pretoria a miss as it's about as exciting as a 0-0 3rd division football match.

Ill have individual entries on each city, but ill give you a brief overview now.
Johannesburg is the economic heart of SA. Although relatively far from the ocean, (it's a 5hr drive to Durban), theres a lot to be seen up here. There are world famous shopping malls (the best one right here in my home suburb of Sandton) and an unequalled night-life, better than perhaps any city in Africa.

Durban is a coastal city on our East coast, with what many say is the best surf in the world, along with world class resorts, and the water is nice and warm too ;-)
Cape Town could be said to be the cultural heartland of our country, with a lot of historically important sites and some beautiful scenery, including the stunning Table Mountain.

Wow! So thats VERY brief overview of our main cities....but its only the first in a series of my articles on South Africa.
Over the next few weeks ill be hoping to establish a decent archive on our country, which has been almost ignored as i look at the articles which are present.
Also, seeing as i live in the place, im probably in a better position to tell you about it than some guy who copied an article out of a tourist guide :-)

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A195095

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more