Flannel

0 Conversations

Flannel.

Flannel as we know it originated in the celtic regions of Ireland and Scotland. Although the fabric in question
is indeed mostly refered to as "flannel," its more proper descriptive term is "tartan." The Celts, fully emphazing the
tartan, understand the fundamentals of not giving a Scottish Kiss* to a person of the same geneology whilst in a brawl.
Tartans were most useful in the distinction of different clans during clan wars. Different colors were used (whatever colors could be made from the surrounding botanicals) as well as various checkered patterns and stripes.
Flannel saw a resurgance in popularity with the Grunge Movement** of the early to mid-90's. Although the fashion in now largely faux paux, is still remains.
Apart from the "fashion" popularity of flannel to students of all ages, it has many useful properties. Flannel is
largely used for warmth (much like the Celts used it) by fishermen, hunters, campers, and people with no apparent fashion sense in the late 90's. To the brave flannel-wearing souls, wear on: Your determination is admirable.

* Head-butt
** You didn't miss anything, really.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A181072

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more